Monday, July 20, 2015

Anything is Possible - 4 Months Post Op!

It's here! My day of freedom from restrictions in eating and sleeping and working out. Woohoo! I'm celebrating by leaving work early and going to the gym to work on my legs and glutes. Seeing as it's a Friday, I thought it was fitting. Hopefully it's empty. I can't wait to sleep on my side tonight, and to eat a chicken burger (still gotta be healthy)! I go see the orthodontist next week and hopefully get to remove my splint! It'll still be replaced with an arch wire but that's better than this lunky plastic thing that gets nasty and traps food. Ugh.
I'm also going to be attending a class to learn more about pre-diabetes and what can be done about to reverse it. It's free at Kaiser and I'm taking advantage. I also made an appointment with a nutritionist to learn about how I can build muscle/healthy weight and get rid of the pre-diabetes diagnosis all with my diet. I'm excited about that one. That's after Cuba which is happening in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all beyond excited. Including BB who says, "I going to CUUUBA and there's kids there!" By kids he means his cousins which I told him we will be staying with. That should be the highlight of the trip for him.
I've been doing this 30 day yoga challenge done by Liel Cheri (Yoga for Good Life on YouTube and @yogawithlielcheri on Instagram) and it has been really great for me. I feel stronger both physically and emotionally. Yes emotionally, since yoga forces you to be in the moment and enjoy it rather than trying to get 10 steps ahead and attempting control on life. I fell in love with yoga back in 2002 when I thought it would be an easy way to get out of the gym portion of my GE requirements in community college. Luckily I got an amazing instructor who I stuck with after that for 2 years or so, twice a week. Anyway, I feel calmer and have been able to focus my energies on seeing God's love and goodness and faithfulness in all areas of my life and I'm just in awe. It really makes me feel like anything is possible and my dreams can become reality and best of all, that I can relax and enjoy life while God handles the details.


Boo I'm totally posting this late (I wrote the above portion on Friday, today is Monday) Blogging fail....

No comments:

Post a Comment