Monday, May 11, 2015

Things Not To Do When You're Getting Over A Cold....

( Just an FYI, the blog entry I'm publishing today was written on Friday, for some reason I forgot to click Post. )

If you've had a fever and a cold for the past few days, you probably shouldn't take your son for a walk on a freezing cold day.  You should also make sure that you check the weather report if it rained heavily the night before. You shouldn't wear simple flats without socks and get your feet soaked when you're walking home...in the rain. It's important that you don't leave the house without an umbrella and if you happen to be underweight because you're recovering from surgery, don't leave home to walk two miles without packing a snack. Just an FYI for anyone who happens to find themselves in this situation, as this dodo bird did this morning. Luckily, while I do not prepare well for myself, I make sure that BB has everything he needs. So when this mama got home wet and cold, he was warm, dry, full, and fast asleep. My reward? Some potato cheese soup, a slice of chocolate meringue pie and a cup of decaf and some TV time.

I'm having one of those days (should be everyday!) where I am enjoying so many of the seemingly tiny aspects of life in a significant way. (I give God all the "credit" for this) I have this appreciation for everything and so much hope for the future and I'm look forward to every little thing with excitement. I love it. When I was younger I was like this almost all the time. I'm determined not to let "aging" have any negative effects on me. To the best of my ability. I know when we get busy and loaded down with more responsibilities than I think humans were ever intended to have, we lose appreciation for the beautiful things we encounter daily. Honestly, I enjoy and look forward to going to the grocery store. But on days when I am overwhelmed and I allow my attitude to get cloudy, it becomes another task on my long to-do list. The one thing that is hardest for me to "be ok" with is a messy house. It is VERY difficult for me to feel cozy, comfortable and relaxed in a messy or dirty house. My sisters have always made fun of me (I was Monica from friends to them lol) about how meticulous I am with where I place things, how I decorate etc. BUT living with HH (sorry babe I love ya anyway) has changed all that. Men don't care! I let the messiness go everyday because I HAVE to but in my own house, I am never really comfortable. I want to have a beautiful home! I always have! But I don't even try anymore. Wahhhhhh. I struggle (but I'm seriously working on this) with balancing/organizing all the things I want and need to do on a daily basis: work, be a mother, be a wife, cook fun & delicious meals, clean and beautify my house, do regular facials/threading sessions/pedicures/massages/haircuts (HA! these are last on my list and never really ever get done), read, pray, meditate, workout, relax and help someone. HOW THE HECK DO YOU SQUEEZE ALL THIS INTO EVEN ONE MONTH!?
Sigh....tips are welcomed!

1 comment: